Excellon Announces La Platosa, Drill Holes Continue to Encounter Source Environment Indicators and Reports Assays from DeSantis, Timmins, Ontario
Mexican Exploration Highlights:
- Hole LP1008 drilled at Rincon del Caido near previously disclosed hole LP986 and testing the same stratigraphy has encountered two mineralized zones separated by 100 metres ("m") within the same marble unit. The upper zone assayed 332 g/t (9.7 oz/T) Ag, 11.40% Pb, 9.74% Zn over 1.91 m. A narrow felsic dyke, another indication of a Source environment was found between the two intersections;
- Hole LP986 released April 13, 2012 encountered mineralized marble associated with a sub-horizontal structure 185 metres ("m") above a felsic intrusive body. The zone assayed 398 g/t (11.6 oz/T) Ag, 3.97% Pb, 4.80% Zn over 1.45 m; and
- The Company plans to add a drill rig to the Rincon del Caido area in June, bringing the total at La Platosa to three.
Canadian Exploration Highlights:
- Hole DS12-004 drilled on the DeSantis property in Timmins, Ontario and designed to test the down-dip and plunge extension of the Albitite Zone intersected 1.74 g/t Au over 12.00 m including 10.39 g/t Au over 1.50 m.
- Company geologists are working to determine the significance of this intersection as they plan the next program on the property.
Sign up for the latest news and updates